Johnsons Lawn Seed Economy - 10kg Bulk Bag(With Ryegrass)
Johnsons Hard Wareing economy Lawn seed
- (With Ryegrass)
- For economy lawns with quick establishment
- Best time for sowing Spring and Autumn but will grow well in summer if well watered
- Coverage 35-50 grams per square meter depending on how thick you want it
- Prepare the soil by skimming off any old grass, removing large stones and weeds, and then roughly levelling.
- Fork over the site and rake level to leave a fine finish.
- Firm the soil by walking over, placing weight on your heels and rake again.
- Two or three days before the seed is to be sown, lightly rake in a granular fertiliser.
- Protect the newly sown seed from birds by stretching fruit netting over the top.
- It is also worth cordoning off the area with string and canes to prevent people from walking across the soil.
- Seedlings are susceptible to drought, so keep them watered during dry spells. Test your soil regularly by pushing your fingers into it.
- Carefully weed the area by hand, removing any weeds before they flower. As the grass continues to grow, it will stifle weed growth.
- When the new lawn is 5cm (2in) high, cut with a rotary mower to 2.5cm (1in). Carefully rake up the clippings. Do this for the next four cuts.
For economy lawns with quick establishment
|Brand:||Johnsons Lawn Seed|